MINIMUM AVERAGE SPEED 3KM/H
EXPERIENCE ON OPEN WATER SWIMMING
GOOD COORDINATION ON GROUPS
CARRY THE PASSPORTS
We thank you in advance for your trust in us and we wish you a happy journey.
The swimmer must complete the attached application form in order to comply with the requirements of the maritime authorities of the area. Any error or breach of these requirements may lead to the non-acceptance of said request to make the crossing.
1. Have a swim speed greater than 3 km / h.
(The boats have technology that verifies the speed of the swimmer and if the speed does not allow the swimmer to overcome currents the swimmer will be pulled from the water).
2. Have insurance (accidents, life and / or property)
3. Notify arrival Spain
4. Provide the medical certificate of the Association
5. Consumption of any type of stimulant
6. Communication & languaje
7. swimmer's safety
8. carry a passport
9. Crossings of swimmers under 18 years are not allowed
10. Basic Rules
The basic rules (internationally recognized) of open water swimming, including:
- The crossing will begin after the sunrise, from the escort boat located on the Island of Tarifa, from where the swimmer will proceed to touch the ground.
- The crossing will end, before sunset, at a natural point on the north coast of Africa (either Moroccan or Spanish), or in case it is a difficult place for vessels, the swim will be considered completed when touching the ground or being located within any natural bay if the sea conditions do not guarantee the safety of the swimmer when approaching the coast.
- The swimmer will not receive any external aid nor will be allowed to hold on to the boats. As an exception swimmers will be allowed to get on board to avoid an imminent danger (proximity of a merchant ship, presence of cetaceans etc …).
- The swimmer can carry:
- A standard swimmer suit, never below the knees.
- A standard swimmer cap.
- Goggles, ear plugs, nose protector and grease. In cases of doing the swim with wetsuit or Lycra rules are included in a different list.